Followers

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Teddy Bear Mermaid


There are times when you colour an image and are just not happy with it and this is one of them for me.  I think it is because with the way she has turned out she looks so scared.  However, I tend to go ahead an make a card or something with my poor colouring, maybe I should throw it away and redo it lol but I enjoy the challenge of trying to bring the disaster into something.  In this case I had the perfect sentiment and, for me fitted my coloured image perfectly.

So to make this card I coloured the image with Polychromos.  The background was coloured with Pan Pastels and then I used my embossing folder and hammer so I could emboss only the background and not the image.  For my base mat I embossed a piece of card with a Spelllbinders folder of shells and then used a few shades of Brusho and spay water to get lots of texture and movement.  Both the image and the base mat were mounted on orange card to tie in with the underwater plants.  Next I used a tree branch die from Memory Box for more seaweed and the Large Ringlet die also from Memory Box for bubbles.  To finish off I added a few pearl strands, some small bead shells around the sentiment and then some very precious shells collected by my daughter and grandson on a wee outing they had walking along the beach.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Concetta Kilmer's Teddy Bear Mermaid 
  • Colouring Medium -  Faber Castell Polychromos, Pan Pastels and Brushos
  • Dies - Memory Box Woodland Branch and Large Ringlets
  • From my stash - shells, sentiment stamp, pearls, Frantage
Challenges entered:-

10 comments:

  1. wow.. your card is fantastic! All the lovely cut outs on it - really beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Dream Factory!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC digi creations blog! Good luck.

    Natasja
    DT CCC digi creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely lovely, so many details, great colouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your card in my Fairies & Mermaids challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com. Great work! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a lovely scene. I love the addition of the real shells too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Deagonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was vor ein tolles Werk Super tolle Farben zu der wunderschönen Meerjungfrau, danke für für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe grüsse Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Stunning! Love the image and the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Una tarjeta presiosa, a la que no le falta detalle, gracias por compartirla en Colouring in Scrapland. Muchas suerte en el reto y espero volver a ver sus trabajos en proximos retos. Besitos Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi